openssl-pkcs7, pkcs7 - PKCS#7 utility
openssl pkcs7 [-help] [-inform PEM|DER] [-outform
PEM|DER] [-in filename] [-out filename]
[-print_certs] [-text] [-noout] [-engine id]
The pkcs7 command processes PKCS#7 files in DER or PEM format.
Convert a PKCS#7 file from PEM to DER:
- Print out a usage message.
- -inform DER|PEM
- This specifies the input format. DER format is DER encoded PKCS#7
v1.5 structure.PEM (the default) is a base64 encoded version of the
DER form with header and footer lines.
- -outform DER|PEM
- This specifies the output format, the options have the same meaning and
default as the -inform option.
- -in filename
- This specifies the input filename to read from or standard input if this
option is not specified.
- -out filename
- Specifies the output filename to write to or standard output by
- Prints out any certificates or CRLs contained in the file. They are
preceded by their subject and issuer names in one line format.
- Prints out certificates details in full rather than just subject and
- Don't output the encoded version of the PKCS#7 structure (or certificates
is -print_certs is set).
- -engine id
- Specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause
pkcs7 to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified
engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the
default for all available algorithms.
openssl pkcs7 -in file.pem -outform DER -out file.der
Output all certificates in a file:
openssl pkcs7 -in file.pem -print_certs -out certs.pem
The PEM PKCS#7 format uses the header and footer lines:
For compatibility with some CAs it will also accept:
There is no option to print out all the fields of a PKCS#7 file.
This PKCS#7 routines only understand PKCS#7 v 1.5 as specified in
RFC2315 they cannot currently parse, for example, the new CMS as described
Copyright 2000-2017 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You
may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain
a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at