SecureBox Pro is an application that offers secure shell(ssh) commands and additional commands for management of keys, X.509 certificates, digests and etc.
As specified in RFC4251: "Secure Shell (SSH) is a protocol for secure remote login and other secure network services over an insecure network."
Same as non-professional version, SecureBox Pro is packaged with complete list of PKIX-SSH and OpenSSL commands.
Unlike non-professional version, application is bundled with terminal emulator and user interface(screens) for management of secure shell connections, identities, sessions and etc.
From application screens user could define parameters of secure shell connections
and directly to open secure shell connections(sessions).
Each ssh session is opened in separate terminal window.
Terminal windows(sessions) could be switched with swipe gesture or directly from navigation menu.
Another application screens simplify management of user identities(ssh keys) used in "Public Key Authentication Method".
Management includes export interface to share(send) public part of key to administrator of secure-shell servers.
Application offers access to local console(terminal).
Local terminal uses build-in into each android device born-shell.
User could use system set of shell command to manage files, processes, device and etc.
As well user could use all commands packaged by application.
Bundled PKIX-SSH offers widest range of supported key algorithms, chippers, macs
for secure shell protocol.
Supported public key algorithms, based on plan public keys, are:
All those algorithms are managed and used from application screens.
- EC : ecdsa-sha2-nistp256,ecdsa-sha2-nistp384,ecdsa-sha2-nistp521
- RSA : ssh-rsa,rsa-sha2-256,rsa-sha2-512
- Ed25519 : ssh-ed25519
- DSA : ssh-dss
In addition PKIX-SSH supports algorithms based on X.509 certificates:
Currently this set of algorithms could be used only in client connections opened from local terminal window.
- EC : x509v3-ecdsa-sha2-nistp256, x509v3-ecdsa-sha2-nistp384,
- RSA : x509v3-sign-rsa,x509v3-ssh-rsa
- DSA : x509v3-sign-dss,x509v3-ssh-dss
OpenSSL command line tool provides auxiliary commands for management of keys, X.509 certificates, digests and etc.
It includes, but is not limited to,
- key management commands like ec and ecparam, rsa, dsa and dsaparam,
genpkey and pkey,
- commands for management of X.509 certificates, revocation list and
authorities - x509, crl and ca,
- commands for key data management - pkcs12, pkcs8 and pkcs7,
- commands for operation will keys - pkeyutl,
- time stamping authority tool - ts.
Main features </>
- 20 Dec 2018
- Material design rules.
Use only vector graphics with "primary" color (Blue Gray palette).
As secondary (accent) is used color from Light Green palette.
Button style changed to use those colors.
- New exported activity "File Selection".
Used on "pick" request and returns selected file.
It is available for use by other applications.
- Import identify from external sources.
Details activity allows identify to be imported.
Process support import from sources in PKCS#12, PKCS#8 or legacy format.
If import file is password protected user is prompted for password.
After successful import user has to register (save) identity for use by application.
Note that identity registration always requires a password.
Note that import from PKCS#12 may activate X.509 public key algorithms in secure shell session.
Identity distinguished name (certificate subject) is displayed in identity "Detail" activity.
Remark: also legacy format may contain X.509 certificates.
- Manage exit status if session is terminated by signal.
- Settings activity with action bar.
- Stop creation of extra files with fingerprint and "ascii art image" identity details.
Note existing files are cleaned-up on initial start of application.
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.6.
Fixed crash on 64-bit Android OS-es.
For other improvement see PKIX-SSH pages.
- Do not store empty "extra" configuration attribute.
It could happen if user opens "Expert" section and press [Save] button.
Work-around is user manually to remove such "extra" empty attribute before to save.
- Fix load of DSA and ED25519 identities on initial start of application.
- Prevent rename of identity if is used by a connection.
- 19 Oct 2018
- Target compatibility with Android 9.0 (Pie, API 28).
This implies minimum supported version Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich, API 14)
- Notification channel
Android 8.0 (Oreo, API Level 26) requires service notification to register notification channel.
- "External Storage" permissions.
Includes permission request at run time for Android 6.0 (Marshmallow, API 23) and newer.
Remark: If granted user could manipulate files stored on sdcard.
- Toggle keyboard from session context menu.
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.5.
- 25 Aug 2018
- Application settings:
- Text Size
This preference allows user to chose size of text for terminal screens.
Default is 10pt.
- Text Color
Preference allows user to chose color scheme of terminal screens
from list with predefined values.
Scheme defines background and foreground colors.
Currently list consists from 12 schemes like
"Console" (default), "Dark Pastels", "Solarized Light", "Solarized Dark" and etc.
- Fixed display of X.509 distinguished name in "Known Hosts" file.
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.4 and OpenSSL 1.1.0i.
- 16 Jun 2018
- Improved stability with more then two opened terminal screens.
- In navigation session sub-menu replace ssh-URI with connection alias and start session counter from one.
- Add icons to navigation menu items.
- Improve look of connection details screen to work properly with long input strings.
- Improve look of know host screen on small displays.
- Optimize show/hide of "Close"-button and "Soft-Keyboard".
- Avoid host IP-address for know-host entries.
- 14 Feb 2018
First release - version 1.0.0.
Android package is available on Google Play Store.