openssl-gendsa, gendsa - generate a DSA private key from a set of
openssl gendsa [-help] [-out filename]
[-aes128] [-aes192] [-aes256] [-aria128]
[-aria192] [-aria256] [-camellia128]
[-camellia192] [-camellia256] [-des] [-des3]
[-idea] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] [-engine
The gendsa command generates a DSA private key from a DSA
parameter file (which will be typically generated by the openssl
- Print out a usage message.
- -out filename
- Output the key to the specified file. If this argument is not specified
then standard output is used.
-aes192, -aes256, -aria128, -aria192,
-aria256, -camellia128, -camellia192,
-camellia256, -des, -des3, -idea
- These options encrypt the private key with specified cipher before
outputting it. A pass phrase is prompted for. If none of these options is
specified no encryption is used.
- -rand file...
- A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number
generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS-dependent
character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS,
and : for all others.
- [-writerand file]
- Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be
used with a subsequent -rand flag.
- -engine id
- Specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause
gendsa to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified
engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the
default for all available algorithms.
- This option specifies the DSA parameter file to use. The parameters in
this file determine the size of the private key. DSA parameters can be
generated and examined using the openssl dsaparam command.
DSA key generation is little more than random number generation so
it is much quicker that RSA key generation for example.
dsaparam(1), dsa(1), genrsa(1),
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights
Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You
may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain
a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at